View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Like I said in the summer before the lockout business, when Buffalo had 4 picks in the top 50, Ryan was requesting a trade, Teemu wasnt resigned, and the ducks were looking at a serious lack of organizational depth and their two best players going to Free Agency together...yes exploring possible trade routes did make sense for the Ducks regardless of your biased opinions. From an outside perspective, Ryan was all but gone and if Ryan was gone why not try to get something for Getz and/or Perry while you could especially with a potential lockout looming and the possibility that an entire year would be lost and they could both walk for free...no offense to anyone but its not like anyone saw the ducks winning the cup regardless.
All this suggests is that, as an outsider, you were jumping to conclusions based on very little information. Bobby Ryan never requested a trade, so how could he be "all but gone"? Teemu Selanne really didn't factor into it, because him hanging up his skates doesn't suddenly make it more appealing to move Getzlaf or Perry. Quite the opposite in fact. Finally, none of this leads me to the conclusion that trading Getzlaf makes any kind of sense. You claim it makes sense despite my biased opinions, but what sense does it make? You certainly haven't given a good reason why they would be consider moving him. "Hey, we're a bit weak down the middle. Let's move our #1 center to rectify this situation." That is absolutely ridiculous. I reitterate, it made no sense for Anaheim to move Getzlaf. That was a time the Ducks would have been looking to negotiate a new contract, not seeking to move Getzlaf with a full year left on his contract.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote