Thread: Diaz
View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Subban, Gorges, Emelin... if the next time the Habs play is 2013-14, I'm betting Bouillon is not in the mix, especially if he doesn't find a team overseas during the lockout... nobody knows how much longer Markov and Kaberle have in the NHL... St Denis looks like he may be an NHL'er, but definitely not ahead of Diaz... Weber may or may not make it past this plateau he has been on, but he is also definitely not ahead of Diaz.

Forget "puck mover" vs "stay at home" - forget his ability to play the PP - Diaz is one of our 6 best options at even strength. He is 26 years old and costs $1.225mil per season.

BTW, I recommend taking a look at the dmen set to go UFA next offseason. It's an old, thin crop, and will just get thinner as many of the better ones re-sign with their current teams. This is a time (even more than usual) to hold on to proven dmen about to enter their primes.

Another BTW, Diaz and St Denis were both born in January 1986. I know it somehow seems like St Denis is younger, but they are the same age. I don't know that we can project St Denis' development taking him past Diaz.

Last edited by Roulin: 10-31-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote