View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 12:05 AM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Did you miss the part where I said it made no sense to move Getzlaf? You quoted the post, and even disputed it. You need to make up your mind here. I'm not arguing that moving Ryan might have been considered. I've long said that he'd probably be available for the right deal, but Bobby Ryan is not Ryan Getzlaf.

Getzlaf had a full year left on his contract. They weren't looking at losing him for nothing for some time, and considering he's expressed a desire to play his entire career in Anaheim, I doubt they were too worried about it at the time. With a full year to sign him, why would they consider moving him? That makes no sense. You're painting a picture in which signing Getzlaf seems unlikely, but I can assure you that this isn't how Anaheim sees it.
Hey I think we are at one of those agree to disagree stages...
I clearly dont know your organization as well as you do and cannot try to match what you have read in interviews about getz's commitment to Anaheim. Im not going to be a homer and pretend I can...my point however was/is that having Perry and getz up for free agency at the same time, while potentially looking at losing Ryan to a trade and Teemu to retirement...was/is a HUGE crap shoot. As an outsider I view Anaheim's 13 offseason going one of two ways...they resign both Perry and Getz...or one books for bigger money and a better shot and the other sees this and does the same. Again thats speculation on my part but last summer if im Getzy facing a potential lockout/ryan trade/teemu retirement...and Im wondering if Perry's gonna leave....Im questioning my stay in a ducks uni...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote