Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sabres players playing during the lockout
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 12:47 AM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Thanks for the replies. What if there is a full season lockout (which I think there will be), do you think Sekera would have a bit more of an offensive role? And is Pysyk slated to make the lineup next year and be relied upon to make a decent enough impact?
Pysyk has certainly been playing well enough to get a long look at camp. If he makes the team, I'd imagine Ruff would want to play him with a steady vet so he can afford to make the mistakes that any rookie is going to, ie: Regehr. If he doesn't, he'll probably be the first call-up.
IMO, the most likely situation is that we let Leo walk (or trade him for a pick at the deadline if there's a season) and re-sign Regehr, which would leave us with: Myers, Sekera, Regehr, Ehrhoff, McNabb, Pysyk, Weber, Sulzer, and Brennan to fight for spots. In that case, I think Sekera is definitely the guy that moves to the top pairing with Myers. He's mobile, he's smart, very solid defensively, and he has the ability to put up offensive numbers when given the chance (see: international play).

I see our D pairings (minus Leopold) looking something like:
Sekera-Myers
McNabb/Sulzer-Ehrhoff
Regehr-Pysyk/Weber/McNabb
And then whichever of Sulzer/Weber isn't on the starting roster as our spare.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote