View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
Sorry blaming Nonis for the current non-nhl roster depth is a bit silly. Gillis has been with the Canucks for five years and when we are talking about prospect depth we are talking about the last five years of drafting. From my perspective Gillis has not gotten the late round steals that both Nonis and Burke got. Jordan Schroeder should be in the NHL this season. He was drafted 4 years ago, did his full spell in junior and now is in his 3 year in the AHL at some point in time he needs to step up. I keep hearing "Smartest guy in hockey" about the guy but his production numbers have not been all that great. The prospect pool is shallow partly due to how great the Canucks have been. However, other teams such as Detroit and a few other still managed to get some late round steals. Only two players drafted by Gillis have made it to the nhl and one has not been traded and some people are writing of Yann Sauve. For me a weakness I see with the prospect pool is that we have drafted some good projects hoping they pan out, however we are not developing them properly and that is a problem. We are five drafts into the Gillis administration and most other teams are cutting ties with players drafted 6 years ago and not on the NHL roster. We need to let go the hate against Nonis and Burke(yet they are the ones who drafted the guy mentioned in this thread) and look at how Gillis is developing players
Joe Cannata - 6th round
Patrick McNally - 4th round
Joseph Labate - 4th round
Frank Corrado - 5th round

These are late rounders that Gillis have drafted that I see will have an impact. It hasn't been long enough to see the impact Gillis' late round drafting, since they usually take longer to develop.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote