View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 01:14 AM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I'll save Friedman the time -- every team that lost money last year is one of the "hardliners".

If I was an owner losing money, I wouldn't accept anything less than a true 50-50 split in a very timely fashion and I would let that be known to Bettman.

If you're losing money anyway, what's the huge rush to get back on the ice? You've already lost the first two months of the season and probably the Winter Classic too, might as well get a proper deal done that sees you through the next 8+ years of business at this point.
My guess is to prevent losing more money. The have not teams are in trouble because they can't put butts in the seats. People always say that MLb cost them one in 5 fans. This might happen to the have not teams but as soon as hockey starts back up people in Toronto, mtl and NYC will be back in droves. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, isn't that what got us into this mess?

They are in a hard place, it seems they can't keep the current course but if they hold out for what they need in markets that cant or won't meet those needs, then we aren't arguing about saving or propping up teams but merely how much we can delay their ultimate demise ( or relocation)

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote