4) Doug Harvey
5) Paul Coffey

Top 5 Goalies:
1) Patrick Roy
2) Martin Broduer
3) Terry Sawchuk
4) Jacques Plante
5) Dominik Hasek

Yeah... Did my own thing there but it's easier for me to do it that way.
Probably the easiest and most clear way to do this is like this. Separating the three different positions. Maybe separate only goalies would be enough.

How come Brett Hull and Messier are so high? Well, Messier is somewhat understandable but personally i would never suggest him to be above Bobby Hull, Gordie Howe etc. But Brett Hull does not belong there. Bobby was better in every aspect of the game, including the only one where Brett really was great. Bobby led the league in goals 7 times. Howe is pretty much consensus top-4 player all-time and top-3 forward. Orr should be number 1 D-man with ease. But if you would value career over peak then i maybe could understand Bourque, but you should have Harvey ahead of Bourque and Lidstrom too.

Just curious, how did you come up with these lists? It is always nice to hear/read someone else's opinions. This History section might have the best posters in these boards but they are like grumpy old men. Sitting in a cafeteria table and agrees only on their own views. Just like old men, these posters are also usually right, but won't hurt if someone sometimes has guts to challenge them.

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote