View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 01:45 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Saad will be on the team when the NHL resumes and I think he would have been ready this year to be a good NHL forward, now that it looks like we won't play till 2013 I think he'll be even better.

TT also looks like he has the talent to be a dangerous NHL forward, the question is will his body develop a little more and does he had the drive to do it.
I'm not convinced by that. He showed decent potential last year (although/ w/ that said he had a late b-day so he had an extra year of development). I want to see more from him at the NHL level before i'm convinced that he'll consistently show up and will use his size effectively (and given the rest of his skill set he needs to be able to use his size).

Re: TT - I haven't seen anything about him that makes me question his "drive" - but I agree with you re: his size. I wish he'd left Finland and played CHL hockey this year - I know he's playing in the Finnish men's league - however, from what i've seen he looks like a highly skilled, but heavily "perimeter" player - and I don't see how playing in a professional league on a Euro-sized rink is going to help that. If he was playing Jr. hockey, the competition would be less - but he probably would have been the 1C, on the first power play unit, played 18+ min a game, and had the opportunity to start learning a more aggressive game against easier competition than he'll face in the NHL.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote