View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 04:21 AM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Pietrangelo was a bit different. Crazy skilled, but what really stood out was that he was a very smooth, composed, "make it look easy" type, with an extremely high hockey IQ. You wouldn't really see him try to dangle a guy 1 on 1 like that, at least not on a regular basis.

As for Hamilton, I would say his offensive skill at 17 wasn't quite there with Pietrangelo or Jones. Nice shot, good skater, maybe more willing to use his size than the other two, but I wouldn't say he was as smooth a puck handler or puck mover as Pietrangelo or Jones, and you wouldn't see him trying to dangle guys on a regular basis.
Yeah that's what I was thinking with Pietrangelo, he's much more cerebral and plays a flawless calculated game that's one step ahead. Pietro is honestly like a QB on the ice in a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady sort of way but Jones seems like he can mobilize or make the smart heady play like a Robert Griffin III, hate to make a racial comparison like that, I hate it and not intended whatsoever, but it just popped into my head as a style of play sort of thing.

Defensemen are definitely my favorite kind of prospect, love seeing them develop and making smart plays using their hockey sense and raw talent. It's really the foundation of any good hockey game - starts at the back-end.