View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
That still doesn't change my point about averaging and the increasing inaccuracy produced the further away from the median you go.
It's more complex than saying "top % tiers of players scored comparatively more than bottom tiers in the last two decades than in the 80s, so that proves it's easier for top players to score adjusted points when scoring is lower." The top tier also became of comparatively better quality, so such an effect would also have been expected. That's just one factor and possible explanation when comparing those two eras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
One thing I will mention right now though is about the previously entered stats about ST goals increasing by 5.3%.
A) That 5.3% doesn't make much ground on the actual % of scoring done by top tier players today compared to the 80's.
B) The Top tier players do not account for 100% of ST scoring.

More at a later date.
Actually, it appears to me that could be a substantial portion of the observed effect. I believe one or both of the factors mentioned could account for most or all of the change in % of points by the different tiers. One of these would require no further adjustment, the other would require whatever adjustment that is made to allow for the fact that players have different ratios of ES/ST goals/points.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote