View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 08:21 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Frankly I don't understand the comparisons to datsyuk. Barkov doesn't have the same arsenal of puck tricks. He is a very good puck handler but thus far he uses his puck skills solely for puck possession purposes (shielding the puck, moving in traffic), not to dangle around and between 3 players.
You're right that he isn't as dynamic as Datsyuk. Barkov has ability to dangle if he wants but he seems to prefer safer game. I remember Ivan Hlinka game against USA when he dangled 3 usa players like nothing and setted an open netter for his teammate. I have seen that he has practiced dangling in center circle in small space when he was junior. It took forever for 3 guys to get puck off him. He definetly has that ability to stickhandle smoothly in tight areas.

Why he is compared to Datsyuk? Because his ability to stay calm and cool when he has the puck. He seem never be in hurry and never rushes. He has that patience with the puck. He has smooth hands but is different kind of player because of his size. How he uses his stick without the puck. He's breaks up the passes very effectively and is very very good at takeaways IMO clearly the best in FEL and was it as 16 year old at last year. There is alot of similarities with Datsyuk. That is the reason why i would say that he's the mixture of Thornton and Datsyuk.