View Single Post
11-01-2012, 09:45 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FreshNsoClean View Post
I had my fun with the Bauers and got the feel I needed. Very easy decision to go with Passau and here's why.

1. Best service imaginable, you're not just a number, you matter. Hugo spent a hour on Skype showing me every option and adjusting the pads to my needs.
2. That brings me to Customization, Colors are obvious, but I don't see any place doing anywhere near what Passau does for you. Example is I just broke my knee, so Hugo says "well we better add another inch of padding on the knee!" lol
3. Prices are beyond competitive
4. Quality is top notch.
5. I've yet to read one negative review from any of their products. User reviews are all positive.
6. 3 week turn around
Glad you had such a positive experience with them.

For anyone that has the cash to get "pro" pads, I would definitely recommend going with one of the smaller companies (Simmons, Passau, PAW, etc) rather than the bigger companies. You will get great service, a great product and at a better price while supporting North American companies.

Just as an example, the inside toe of my Simmons pads were wearing much more than I thought they should have been (pads are 9 months old). They told me to ship them back and they would repair at no cost in addition to sending me a set of loaner pads to use. The day my pads arrived there, their loaners arrived here. I also told them that I was starting to feel some stingers with my glove so they told me to ship it back and they would beef it back up. On the other hand, there is a thread on the GSBB about a guy with Bauer pads that had a similar problem after less than 2 months of wear. Bauer wouldn't do anything for him. is offline   Reply With Quote