View Single Post
11-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Joe Cole
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
This forum has a lot of young pups hehehe. I'm much older than most of you, I guess. My kids have left home, my youngest just left to study at Ahuntsic, my 3000sq ft house is wayyyyy too big. Mind you, I'm not in the Montreal area, but we are thinking of selling the house and getting either a condo (which I prefer, less work to do) or a townhouse (which my wife prefers because bigger) closer to the 'action' (we live in Gatineau, so 'action' is a pretty big word).

If I had the cash and would be in Montreal, I would surely buy a condo downtown. I love big cities. I would move to NYC in a heartbeat.

The difference being: I have no kids at home anymore. Grass, inground pool, garden, cleaning up the house, snow blowing during winter...stupid chores for me right now. I'd rather spend my time travelling.

Oh! As for the groceries, when you're two and live in a big city (close to downtown), you do your grocery by the day, like in Europe. So having 5 bags is out of the question. It doesn't work that way. When you live there, you change your consuming habits A LOT.
I did the exact opposite of what you are saying. Lived in the city, then moved to something less populated and bigger.

Shopping everyday for food, that gets old. It is an exercise in killing YOUR time.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote