View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Skk82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Tenacity, to me, is part of the job requirement for a 3rd line winger. I like that about Kennedy for sure, but I don't consider it an outstanding advantage of his. I'm also worried this style keeps him getting injured. But yeah, his hustle is always welcome. I wonder what the Pens will do if he puts up a 25 goal season and someone else offers him 3+ a year. I guess it will depend on how our wing prospects develop.
The Penguins know Kennedy is not a top 6 option. He'll work hard to cycle the puck, can win battles off the wall but he just isn't creative or talented. Anytime Kennedy gets the puck in the offensive zone, no matter the angle or how many players are in front of him, he's throwing it at the net (a result, no doubt, of endless coach-speak over the years).

Kennedy has very little creativity and little more playing-making ability. Apart from his horrible shot selection, it's not heavy or accurate. It will get in the net, if only because sometimes, **** happens, but he's hardly a sniper.

There's a reason TK very very rarely plays with Crosby or Malkin- and that's because he kills shifts. His shots get deflected out of play or go straight into the goalie for an easy cover. He can't think the game on the same level as a talented center and can't play off them at all. Star centers don't like playing with guys like that.

Kennedy's good at what he's good at- speed, pressure on the forecheck, pulling pucks off the wall and throwing a lot of junk at the net. But he's not a top six option and the Penguins definitely know this, I believe they'd pay him accordingly.

That said, there's worse contracts on this team than one more year at $2 million for a good 3W.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote