View Single Post
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
vCash: 1000
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Given that you're all watching the Winterhawks games and keeping a keen eye on Seth, who I believe is an incredible talent, would you be able to shed some light on how Derrick Pouliot is playing?

Expectations are quite high for Derrick (in Pittsburgh at least, given where he was chosen and what he cost us). Its his 3rd season in the WHL and although he'd 10 months older than Seth, I wonder how they are playing in comparison. Derrick has slowed down as soon as Seth started to pick up his game. Weird...

Any insight on Derrick would be greatly appreciated.
I would recommend bumping a Pouliot thread instead of looking for opinions on him in here. But, I will say that I watched Portland a bunch early in the season and he was very good. Stood out a lot, made some great rushes and was much more physical than I ever saw from him.

The last couple viewings of Portland he hasn't been as noticeable to me. But with their talent on D it's pretty easy to get a bit lost in the shuffle. Still confident he will be a great pro and potentially an elite offensive D.