Thread: Sergei Fedorov
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
Sergei Fedorov

Where does Sergei Federov rank in your top players of all time...

NHL totals
1,248 games---483 goals---696 assists---1,179 points...
261+ ---

NHL PLAYOFFS
183 games, 52 goals, 124 assists... 176 points.

International (Soviet and Russia)
64 games- 25 goals- 32 assists and 57 points

3x NHL Stanley Cup Champion (3x President Winner)
1x Hart
2x Selke
1 Lester B Pearson
6x NHL All star
Most OT points in career record
Fastest Skater winner

3 Golds in the World Championships
Silver and a Bronze in Olympic games

What others had to say about him...

"when he was on, his game was as close to perfection as you could get on the ice. On separate occasions, Yzerman and Wayne Gretzky told me that Fedorov is the most talented player they’ve ever seen."
—Art Regner on Fedorov playing in the 2013 Winter Classic Alumni Game.

Nicklas Lidstrom: "I think he's the best player in the league. He's real tough to defend against. He's got quickness to best you if you step up to him. It's tough to stop him."[24] Former Boston Bruins legend Ray Bourque once said: "Sergei is a dominating player...When he makes a move on you, he has the ability to maintain his speed or even go faster. There aren't many defensemen who can keep up with him."[24]

The Red Wings senior vice-president Jim Devellano said, "I’m convinced if we left him there, he’d have won a Norris Trophy"

Hockey Hall of Fame Legends biography article describing him as
"Equally superb at center or on the wing, and a high scorer with outstanding defensive ability, Fedorov is a pure player who has mastered all facets of the game from A to Z. A gifted stickhandler, he can take on two or three opponents at a time. But if he spots a teammate in a better position, he will pass the puck, whether it's a few feet or halfway down the ice."