View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Hottubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Given that we're 14 games into the season for the Portland Winterhawks and many are keeping a keen eye on Seth Jones (potentially the 1st overall pick in 2013), have any of you noticed how Derrick Pouliot is playing?

Expectations are quite high for Derrick (in Pittsburgh at least, given where he was chosen and what he cost us). Its his 3rd season in the WHL and although he's only 10 months older than Seth, I wonder how they are playing in comparison. Derrick has slowed down as soon as Seth started to pick up his game. Weird...

His numbers ain't to shabby and apparently he's picked up his physical game which is nice to hear. However, I just wish his offensive numebrs were higher given its his 3rd year for Portland and the fact that he's a little more 1 dimensional than the other Ds available in his draft class.

Any insight on Derrick would be greatly appreciated.
I havent seen a ton from him this season but the couple games I have watched he is a bit more scrappy than I originally thought. Although not overly physical, he is listed at just under 200lbs and is solid on his skates. Over his WHL career, he has actually been in a decent amount of fights and doesnt look terrrible when doing it.

Ill be at the Winterhawks/Giants game next Friday so Im looking forward to seeing how he plays.

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote