View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
cbenini87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
The ISLES in 1st place?

I don't think this is a fluke either. That collapse of the Ducks last year got me really motivated. I had a 6-8 point lead in the Pacific division and with 3 schedule periods left, saw that lead vanish while going something like 2-15 as my team dropped to 10th in the Western Conference. I was scoring 1, if I was lucky, two goals a game.

Struggling to score so badly and literally losing every faceoff got me frustrated. It also got me hungry (almost as hungry as Washington)

During the time of the Bluth playoffs I worked on learning how to do faceoffs, learning deke moves and when to use them and learning how to score better.

It's all starting to pay off now. My team is playing well, with less talent then I had in Anaheim last season. These aren't fluke teams either that I've beat. Dallas, Rangers, Penguins and Capitals all made playoffs. I think this team will not only compete for a playoff spot but could be in the talks for the Presidents Trophy, we have a pair of Hart Trophy and Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophies candidates in John Tavares and Bobby Ryan, a Vezina candidate in Lehtonen and ultimately should be competing for the Stanley Cup.

The excitement is back in Long Island as we make one final run to bring the trophy back to Long Island as we near the date to move into the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote