View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 12:11 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Ok, granted, but the critical turnovers I repeatedly saw him do at the wrong end of the ice, or his being pushed of the puck like a light weight, or him looking around the rink aimlessly as the puck projected into the net behind him does.

The guy isn't NHL quality from what I see. I think Barrie showed 10 times the nouse Hunwick has in his limited opportunity.

Yes, Hunwick looked better as we finished the season (mind you, we lost 6 of our last 7) so his affect on the team when it comes to positive results isn't there.
I have no problem with the Avs playing either Hunwick and/or O'Brien as 6th/7th defensemen - I believe they're both reasonably adept at doing so. The issue I have, is that the Avs tried both guys as partners with EJ last season (1st pairing stuff), and neither of those guys are good enough to do that. They were grossly exposed, but that doesn't mean they'd play like that, given "normal" 3rd pairing responsibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
BrickAHL, we have better options than Hunwick as our 7th - 8th D-man.
+ Stefan Elliott
+ Tyson Barrie
+ Cameron Gaunce

Heck, from what I have seen early on, Pock looks ok as well. At least he's a presence on the ice.
I disagree with this. I do NOT want to see the Avs putting Elliott or Barrie as their 7th/8th dman, because that would require the two of them sitting for long periods of time, thus screwing their development as potential 1st/2nd pairing regulars a few years down the road. The Avs already likely ruined one season of Elliott's development. I don't want to see another. Those guys need to play, and play a lot. AHL, please.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote