View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I have no problem with the Avs playing either Hunwick and/or O'Brien as 6th/7th defensemen - I believe they're both reasonably adept at doing so. The issue I have, is that the Avs tried both guys as partners with EJ last season (1st pairing stuff), and neither of those guys are good enough to do that. They were grossly exposed, but that doesn't mean they'd play like that, given "normal" 3rd pairing responsibilities.

I disagree with this. I do NOT want to see the Avs putting Elliott or Barrie as their 7th/8th dman, because that would require the two of them sitting for long periods of time, thus screwing their development as potential 1st/2nd pairing regulars a few years down the road. The Avs already likely ruined one season of Elliott's development. I don't want to see another. Those guys need to play, and play a lot. AHL, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I believe McGinn is a much, much better skater than Yip (and I didn't dislike Yip at all), thus I believe his production will be both better and more predictable. I don't believe that what the Avs saw from him at the end of last season is really indicative of what we'll see in the future, however.
A couple of great posts.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote