View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You make it sound as if Milano was in Sicily. If anything, visiting Milano is going "all the way up" (in terms of Italy). I've flown between Bratislava & Milano and the distance is negligible, comparable to Prague.

I'd be more worried about the quality of teams joining the KHL rather than their geographical location. According to that article, it's a new team in Milano and therefore with no traditional fan base, it played in the 2nd (!) Italian league last season and is currently ranked 7th in the top Italian league. Oops... All of that can change thanks to players hired from elsewhere (presumably abroad), but it's not a model that it would be good to see repeated in every new KHL exansion team.
I thought (and somebody feel free to supply a credible source to this), that Milan was one of the best attended European clubs in the early 1990s. Obviously a lot has changed the team has gone downhill, but I think that past history, and given Milan's population, might make the new KHL outfit a team with a lot of commercial upside.