Thread: Sergei Fedorov
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 02:49 PM
TAnnala

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
My biased opinion has him in the top 25 forwards, and arguably one of the most complete of all time.. Certainly one of the most versitile... But I'm biased, he was always my favorite player. I always tried to model my game after his, and he's the reason I wore 91 in junior.

Still the only player to win the Hart and Selke in the same season, and I doubt anyone will ever match that.

He's a lock for the HHOF, and by far the greatest Russain born NHL'er of all time. Probably the best all around European forward as well. Many will argue Forsberg, Selanne or Jagr, but none of them had the complete toolbox Feds had. They may have had a few better tools, but the package goes to Fedorov IMO.
True. Fedorov was one of the most complete players of all-time. But he certainly had a short peak and prime. He regressed faster than Ovechkin.

I still would put Jagr ahead of him in both, peak and career. Fedorov comes next with Ovechkin on the same level in the peak year. OV may be a bit behind.

It is the career what makes Feds fall behind. He never really got in to the same level as his Hart year. At this point i would argue Kurri, Jagr, Selanne and sometimes Forsberg over him. (Forsberg is a bit unfair, cause he never really played his career due to injuries. But he was always great something Feds can't say).