View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 03:02 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
This has been my take so I am glad to hear you have the same opinion. Tatar had a nice stretch when he first made it to the A but he's never had the consistency you'd like to see. It's also interesting that he's suddenly started producing with Nyquist as his linemate.

The same thing happened with Jiri Hudler, for some strange coincidence he always produced at a higher level when he was on Val Filppula's line.

I wonder why that would be?
He actually took off at the tail end of last year when Nyquist was in Detroit. He now has 20 points in his last 17 games and nice point streaks per game stretches during that. He doesn't rely only on Nyquist. Them being paired together is smart something that made me hate Fraser most of last year. But he doesn't owe all of his success to Nyquist. Much as Hudler had an impressive stretch two years ago producing with Datsyuk. That statement is a bit unfair to both players. Players are supposed to produce at a better rate when they have more talent around them. Tatar was very good over the back half of last year and the World Championships all without Nyquist for the most part.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote