View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Skk82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Unfortunately, my beliefs can't be quantified other than to say I have seen TK on countless occasions carry the puck with his head down and miss perfect give and go opportunities to Sid. He doesn't play creatively enough to anticipate plays and know where to be. Maybe he needs more opportunity to develop that with Sid or Geno, or maybe the staff just doesn't think he's good enough.
There's also the evidence that, despite needing wingers, the Pens have kept Kennedy on the 3rd line except when injuries have absolutely forced their hand. There's a reason why TK hasn't played with Crosby or Malkin- NHL coaches don't think it's a good idea.

Quote:
The difference between him and Duper, is that Duper thinks the game at a higher level and understands his role in the top 6. He makes smart passes and while he is known to chest snipe, he has learned where and when it is appropriate.
I agree with this 100%. Dupuis has a much high hockey IQ. While he will try that slapper, it's not as frequent as Kennedy's bad angle shots. I also believe Dupuis is better away from the puck in terms of positioning, anticipating where the play may go and that's a small but huge edge. Neither are ideal top 6 wingers, but Dupuis' mentality makes him a better option.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote