View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I disagree with you about Corrado being a million miles away from being an NHLer. I think Corrado could be good enough to play at the NHL level beginning the 2013-14 season. He's currently one of the top d-men in the OHL right now. Gillis stipulated before sending Corrado to his OHL team this year that if the NHL resumes operations, Corrado is made available to the Canucks training camp. That tells you how highly Gillis thinks of him and his chances of making the Canucks relatively quickly.
I hope you're right. For every guy with this kind of hype there are still more examples of guys that flame out than actually make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
I wouldn't trade 2nds and 3rds together for Steve Bernier (although I recognize why it was done under the circumstances), I wouldn't trade a 1st rounder for Keith Ballard (again I recognize why it was done), I wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for Andrew Alberts.
IMO the mistake Gillis made with Bernier was not trading a 2nd and 3rd for him, it was pissing off St.Louis and getting him offer sheeted. Bernier is an idea 4th liner imo, very physical, and unlike Weise and Glass, he doesn't look out of place on a 3rd line in a pinch. Had Gillis kept his salary under control like he has with other players, we could still be getting milage out of that deal.

Alberts is a good player imo, I'm not sure people understand how hard the job is. Not only are you not playing games, but the Canucks regularly go without practising for stretches throughout the season. Can you imagine going from skating with a few guys and a coach to playing an NHL game?

People loved that Ballard deal at the time, I didn't. Still can be salvaged imo.

Last edited by Scurr: 11-01-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote