View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
MS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I hope you're right. For every guy with this kind of hype there are still more examples of guys that flame out than actually make it.
I understand what you’re saying, as because this board gets ridiculously over-excited over any prospect that does anything, it’s hard to separate legitimate excellence from guys just doing reasonably well.

Players like Labate/McNally/Friesen are guys I’d say have ‘developed well for mid/late round picks’ and have given themselves a chance to be NHL players down the road if they keep developing. Still not great bets though.

Corrado looks like a #1-2 pick when you see him play. He’s grown significantly since being drafted, and his skating and hockey sense are outstanding. For a 5th-round pick to be dropped into the AHL playoffs and play as well as he did is basically unheard-of. If we’d taken him with the Jenson pick and he was doing what he’s doing, nobody would really be complaining.

I’m usually someone who is called ‘too negative’ in evaluating prospects but to me he fully looks like the real deal.

MS is offline   Reply With Quote