Thread: Proposal: Montreal - Phoenix
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 05:24 PM
That

vCash: 500
This doesn't make any sense for Montreal in my mind. Trading a centre who scored 60 points in his first full season just doesn't make sense. It makes even less once you realize that Montreal is weak at centre and that no one is ready in our organization to step in immediately and produce like that. He also has chemistry with two of our wingers.

Boedker may be one of my favourite players in the NHL and he had a great playoffs. He looks poised to break out. I really appreciate what he bring to the table in speed, intensity, and skills. Which are things that are heavily need on this team.

I can completely understand why Phoenix fans wouldn't want to do this, he's looks on the verge of breaking out, and he's still very young. But the bottom line is with all thing considered, you don't trade a 60 point centre (could have even more potential) for a player who has potential to score 60 points.

For Habs fan specifically, I don't understand what's with our fascination in moving a centre. Galchenyuk is a PROSPECT, he hasn't played in the NHL. He may be a 3rd overall pick, but he hasn't proven anything yet. People expect him to come into the NHL and score 70 points right away. I don't think that's going to happen, it takes a very special player to do that. Ease him into the line up and give him time to grow, be patient. Rushing players and forcing them into a role that they can't produce in is not good.

That is offline   Reply With Quote