View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 05:29 PM
vadim sharifijanov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan100 View Post
Wow, I totally forgot Gordie Howe... I'd put him behind Gretzky and Lemieux.

I personally think that Brett Hull is better than Bobby Hull. Brett's a pure goal scorer. Bobby would come close. It's hard to label older players because the game changed so much. Would he be able to compete with guys like Malkin, or Stamkos? yes, but possibly not.

Bourque is ahead of Orr because... well, it's obvious. I understand that a lot of offensive d-men look up to Orr than anyone else, but his career got shortened due to injuries it's a bit hard to judge. Bourque has the most goals for any defenseman. To me, he had more heart than Orr, and was better defensivley.
i know it's the word of a guy alking about his dad, but brett hull has said his dad could skate faster and shoot harder than him when he was 25 and his dad was in his 50s. now even taking that with a grain of salt, the argument that old timers wouldn't be able to keep up with today's (or 90s) players falls apart when you look at brett hull. wasn't fast, wasn't strong, just scored 40 goals in his 30s due to great timing, on-ice intelligence, and a great shot. everything we know tells us that bobby was smarter, had a better shot, and had way more physical gifts (strength, speed, agility, and especially conditioning).

i won't even get into bourque vs. orr.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote