View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Edler would probably only cost something we wouldn't want. Plus I'm not a huge fan of him. He's had difficulty beating middle of the road minutes (He basically faces competition equal to Burmi each year and has beat them similarly corsi wise).

I'd be more interested in maybe getting Tanev: wouldn't cost nearly as much, and would likely be worth more to us than he'd cost... he most likely will be an upgrade to Hainsey if he's not already there. 22 years old and he's already beating tough minutes. He's not an offensive machine but more of a "dependable guy". Problem is, do we have anything we could give up, not downgrade, and not mortgage the future... Maybe Hainsey + pick(s)

I'm making some assumptions in this hypothetical world:
Byfuglien probably will regress by year 3 or 4, so you would shelter him on the 3rd with big PP TOI or trade him if forwards need bolstering for a cup run.

This is an intruiging post for a number of reasons:
1)Tanev is the classic late bloomer. Have a look at this quote,
"...after being cut from seven midget-level teams at age 16 due to a lack of size (he was less than five feet and roughly 120 pounds at the time)...". Remember how we were earlier talking about kids with late birthdays not succeeding statistically because they don'y have the same opportunities. Well, Tanev's birthday is at the end of Dec. He is also described as really smart and calm on the ice
2)Of course, I can't resist commenting on Buff, who hopefully does have a few more good years left, but not many. I like your plan (esp option 2).
3)Trading Hainsey plus a pick is a great proposition. Hainsey still has a couple of good years left for a team making a serious run--ie, not us, yet. In Tanev, we would get back someone who is defensively sound, with youth and lots of upside.