11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
This is an intruiging post for a number of reasons:
1)Tanev is the classic late bloomer. Have a look at this quote,
"...after being cut from seven midget-level teams at age 16 due to a lack of size (he was less than five feet and roughly 120 pounds at the time)...". Remember how we were earlier talking about kids with late birthdays not succeeding statistically because they don'y have the same opportunities. Well, Tanev's birthday is at the end of Dec. He is also described as really smart and calm on the ice
Haha!! Noted!

Quote:
2)Of course, I can't resist commenting on Buff, who hopefully does have a few more good years left, but not many. I like your plan (esp option 2).
He may be worth keeping or maybe worth trading or neither... who knows... just pure fun speculation

Quote:
3)Trading Hainsey plus a pick is a great proposition. Hainsey still has a couple of good years left for a team making a serious run--ie, not us, yet. In Tanev, we would get back someone who is defensively sound, with youth and lots of upside.
Ya, basically the idea of this is to create a younger, and probably better, Hainsey. Removing a most-likely future hole in our depth and push the player depth so many of them are peaking around the same time...
I find that people wanting to trade Hainsey, Wellwood, and/or Antropov for picks don't realize that a lot of the picks that would come out of them wouldn't be ready in time for our current "older youth" (Ladd, Wheeler, Little, Enstrom, Byfuglien, Pavelec, etc) to be ready for a run.

Pronman on Tanev:
Quote:
Tanev is an extremely smart defenseman with good mobility, and he looks the part of a blueliner with significant value despite not being your ideal power play quarterback. His ability to be a positive possession player while playing tough minutes at his age has certainly been impressive.