View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
HockeyFan100
Welcome to COL!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Giggy played better over the course of the season, but Varly performed the best during his individual games. If Varly didn't have that rough spot from mid-Nov to mid-Jan then there would be no argument.

We shouldn't argue over who the better goalie was, just be fortunate that we had a capable backup for Varly when he faltered. Not many goalies are capable of playing a full season the way Varly played his beginning and end, so until he matures further we may need to keep in mind that Giggy is there to bail him out ~30 games a season... not to take the #1 position though. Giggy started looking weaker the more games he played.
And that rough spot nearly made the Avs look pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I like Varlamov, but he'd have to be playing well most of the season, instead of having 3 awful months then come back and start doing amazing. Streaky goaltender.

Giguere never really let in any bad goals or had bad games. Maybe except for the last game vs. Nashville, but the whole team was careless. And I've been Giguere fan for 10 years, so of course I'll most likely go for him. Still a good goalie at his age.

But aside from that, yes, I'm glad the Avs finally got themselves a great goalie duo!

HockeyFan100 is online now   Reply With Quote