View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Oil Gauge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
For what it's worth, I tweeted Dan Tencer about this the other day, and he said if there's no NHL RNH will be going. "He's a lock" he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Higher pressure, but that's the only thing that the WJC's would have on this years AHL. The AHL is a tougher league where you play against men, and against much better defensemen and players in general on average.
I think he would be in a more valuable leadership role though. Sure he's a leader in OKC, but he's not going to miss out on any leadership building by missing 5-15 games with OKC.

All in all its just a different experience to help build his character. Won't hurt his confidence either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
This discussion was had a number of months ago and the number of games due to team Canada's TC and the WJC's was higher than many anticipated. I leave it up to him TBH, he's already been dealt a bad deal due to the lockout and I'd want to keep him happy. That said if he was indifferent I'd rather he stay in OKC and continue to work on his game against the best competition that he can face.
It all depended on how much time he actually misses. If he goes to the Full camp/tourny i think its like 15 games. If he just goes to the tourny Its like 5 or 6 games.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote