View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 10:39 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Jordan's got a shot, could make it as a #6 type guy. His issue is that he doesn't have a real high offensive ceiling and he doesn't have the frame to play a strong physical game. But he could easily make it as a Frank Kaberle type player in the right situation.

Krueger was borderline for getting a shot late last year, but it looks like Rasmus Rissanen is the go to defensive dman on the Checkers right now... or at least enough to pair with Faulk.

Jared Staal probably won't make it unfortunately. I'd love to see him as a 4th liner since it would 1: be an awesome story, and 2: he has the frame to do it. He needs to re-dedicate his game to the defensive side of things though to do that.
Thanks a lot!

I thought that Krueger would be given a shot (if a season is played) since he re-signed to a two-way deal at his age. Every time I've seen him at the WC he's looked very solid and like the type of guy who could play bottom pairing minutes in the NHL. Seems like an underdog and I'd love to see him given a shot this season or next.

Hadn't heard much about Jordan since he captained the Czech team at the WJC a few years ago. He's always seemed like a good prospect, but I lost track of him when he turned pro. Followed him statistically, but with defensemen it's so hard to tell.

I only asked about Staal for the story. I want him to make it, but I had a feeling it was unlikely.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote