View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
I'm not too concerned about scoring goals. I guarantee you they won't be last in goals for by the end of the season, they won't even be in the bottom five. Not only have they played the least amount of games in the OHL (at this point most teams have played at least 3 more games then them, not one team has played the same or less) but an offensive style game is just not the type of game they've been playing recently under Burnett. They are a really defensive-minded team, and nothing is wrong with this. They've built around size - only two guys on their roster right now are under 6 feet tall, and they just simply play a physical and defensive-styled game.

It's working for them too, even considering that they've played the least amount of games in the OHL, they are still 2nd in their division and 4th in the east. (8-4-1)
I don't think they need to change anything, they are doing absolutely fine as it is. They got a lot of guys who can score, and they're playing under a great defensive strategy, one of the best in the league.

I'm looking forward to a good playoff run this year.
The guys that play the big minutes haven't for the most part put up any solid numbers for years and any of the new guys won't really be getting the shot to do something until next year or the following year so you're basically left with nothing else but to continue to play ultra defensive hockey. We know much was said about playing a more open and exciting system but it won't be this year again. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against London who tends to like to score goals.