View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 10:48 PM
blackmarketmob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
It is important, but its not an overly big deal, to the point where it means nothing because everyone is talented at this level throughout all 35 teams. Are you ready for tomorrow night though? Tough loss for the Hawks tonight. We are doing webcasting now so you can watch the game.
I have a link to the webcast, I am not sure I will be able to catch all of it, but I will definitely tune in for some. I watched the full webcast of tonight's game. Laurier is so much improved as a team from last year, but have really struggled to generate quality offensive chances. While they are typically roughly even with their opponents in shots (last year they averaged getting outshot by about 2-1), they do not really get great quality shots all that often. However, when they turn the puck over, it also seems to find a way into their net. Laurier has great depth but lack many game breakers, and are playing with 3 lines, and a pieced together 4th line made up of their 15th, 16th and 17th forwards as they are missing 3 regulars up front all of whom have either OHL or NCAA experience.

When I first started watching Laurier hockey in 2006-2007 a game against RMC would have been a coin toss of whether Laurier would hit double digits in goals. I still think Laurier is the stronger team on paper, but have struggled out of the gate, and are coming off 2 consecutive losses where their most important player, former Ottawa Senators pick Ryan Daniels (G) was not playing as well as he typically does. Combine this with playing a team sitting higher in the standings and likely riding high off consecutive wins against an improved Concordia team, and it is tough not to label RMC as the favourite.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote