View Single Post
Old
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
No, my hangup with Adjusted Stats has always been how they are used far to often as the ONLY form of comparison with the exclusion of everything else between players of different era's.
If AS is going to be used that exclusively with that much weight, it better be extremely god damned accurate!

And because this actually seems right to you....

Raw Career PpG: Bourque-.98 Lidstrom-.73
ADJ Career PpG: Bourque-.88 Lidstrom-.76

Raw 10year(92-01) in the league together: Bourque-.86 Lidstrom-.73
Adj 10year(92-01) in the league together: Bourque-1.00 Lidstrom-.66
Raw remaining years: (80-91)Bourque-1.07 (02-12)Lidstrom-.73
ADJ remaining years: (80-91)Bourque-.78 (02-12)Lidstrom-.78

So despite Bourque through 79/80-90/91 leading his team in scoring multiple times, despite having a top 10 along with multiple top 20 league scoring finishes, despite what your actual eyes tell you, despite Bourque doing this with a hell of a lot less offensive support than Lidstrom and despite Bourque being clearly better offensively in all other data...that an 01/02-11/12 Lidstrom that includes 3 of the 4 worst offensive years of his entire career was exactly equal to 79/80-90/91 Bourque offensively?

Nothing wrong there

Sorry but somewhere along the line, Adjusted stats is breaking down and breaking down bigtime.

On a scale of 1-10(10 of course being the most value), what value would say AS's has when comparing Bourque's first 12 years with Lidstrom's last 10?
For me, it's about 2, maybe 3 at the most.
So I was wrong the hangup is Wayne and Bourque now.

to the bolded part with both guys career raw and adjusted stats.

The time difference, ie Ray before Lidstrom was in the NHL and Nick after Bourque was out was different right?

Like the 80's were more high scoring and the 00's were less.

Bourques team situation versus Lidstrom has nothing to do with adjusted stats either.

I'll hold my breath till the weekend and you have time to consider your view on adjusted stats.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote