Old
11-01-2012, 11:45 PM
diceman934
LINT must go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Lol wow.

Kadri is ready? Eakins is still having problems with his game in the AHL. He's not ready for the NHL. Not sure why you think he's ready, but professionals don't. Weird huh?

You've not proven in any way Komisarek got way more then market value. Earlier I mentioned Volchenkov got 4.25 million from the Devils. Similar player as Komisarek. Both went to free agency the same year. Signed deals very close in terms of time. Komisarek switched ships to the Leafs. He was definitely getting more money to come to Toronto, ontop of Montreal's offer. We got him for market value if you want to admit it or not. It's a fact, not your silly opinion.

So because Franson is the only roster player not signed so far when there's not even a season means it's a bad move? That doesn't make sense considering he's an RFA and again, only player in the whole league who is an RFA not signed.. Honestly.

Kadri is fine where he is. What happens with Franson is between Franson and the coach, not Burke. And Aulie got traded for a reason. We have a surplus of defensemen. Especially defensive ones. We had a lack for size up front with skill. Ashton is a very good player and he will only get better. Sure he didn't perform in the NHL last year, but he was forced to stay due to the call-up rule in the NHL. You're not using facts, but merely your poor opinions on why these signings are bad. Majority of these problems are fixed within the next year or two anyways and do NOT hinder the Leafs in the future at all.
You post an opinion and state it's a fact and I post an opinion and it's a silly opinion.....he is over paid....he did get well over what he is worth....like it or not that is my opinion.

I'm also not the only person who felt that Kadri was ready last year....Cherry seems to believe that he is ready....and he has been around the game a lot longer than you.

What happens between a player and a coach is most definitely part of Burke's job....he has allowed his coaches to bad mouth players in the Media and that is part of the reason why there are so many issues with this team.....lack of leadership comes from the top down....and we are lacking leadership from the top down.

Ashton is an AHL player and in my opinion that is where he will play for the foreseeable future. Does not think the game well at all, and looks lost. His 15 games at the end of the season playing with some good players proved that he is no where near an NHL player at this time. It is all asset management and Burke has been poor to horrible in this regard. He knew the rule about the call up and yet he still tossed Ashton to the wolves.....Kadri should have been that player!

diceman934 is online now   Reply With Quote