Old
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Oil Gauge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shai04 View Post
Absolutely not.

Junior is for Junior players.

Why would we put him into a tournament with inferior teammates and opposition? He needs to be working on a good pro game, not padding his junior resume.

Reinforcing old habits, and the "it works in junior" play style will have a negative impact on RNH.

He is already on Team Canada's radar. That argument does not hold water either. Junior play will not be the deciding factor in a roster spot, being on a line with two other candidates will be. Ask the SJ Sharks how that process works.

Its about what is good for the Edmonton Oilers. Not the fans. And certainly not RNH's trophy case.
No one can argue that the WJC will give him better competition than the AHL. At the end of the day though the AHL is just that the AHL. Personally I think the character building that RNH would experience going through the WJC would be more valuable than playing an extra 7-15 games in the AHL with Hall and Eberle.

I understand the value of Hall and Eberle building chemistry. I get that, but missing 7-15 games isn't going to hurt that chemistry. If it was sooo important then Hall probably would have been playing a lot earlier than he was this season, instead of making sure his shoulder was 100% before he got back into game action.

To me the Leadership opportunity and pressure of the WJC will pay off big time when it comes his turn to lead the Oilers in the playoffs.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote