View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
I'm in the minority but I don't think he should go. He'd be a professional playing in a junior tournament. There are other deserving 18/19 year old Canadians that are capable of carrying the load. For a lot of young players, this tournament is their coming out party.

Stamkos was struggling at the start of his rookie season. What if Tampa had sent him to the World Juniors? Would Eberle have even been on the ice to score that goal against the Russians in 2009? Even if you think the answer is yes, I'm sure you can see my point. It's an opportunity to be a household name for a couple weeks and see how you stack up against the best in your age group. If RNH is on the team, everyone gets bumped down. Huberdeau becomes the 2nd line center. A guy like Scheifele is more than capable of being the team's 2nd line center. Instead he'll be in the same checking role he was in last year. RNH is an NHLer and these guys deserve a chance to be Canada's go to players.

I don't want to sound too cocky but we're Canada and we don't need RNH to win the gold. Let the junior stars have the spotlight.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote