View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
thanks for the input , i figured get the chemistry early to help rebuild faster. This is gonna be a tough year for you guys ( if there is one) and that's why i thought Mackinnion would be realistic. Yeah a combination of Mackinnion and Lazar would cement Center depth. For some reason i believe that Lazar would be a third line center although i don't know why.
Personally, I think we're being sold short by a lot of people. I don't think we're a contender for the #1 pick if there is a season. That's a big if. Without a season, if the same rules are put in place as after the last lockout, then we definitely have a great shot at it, not having made the playoffs, nor drafted #1 overall, for the last three years. Looking at our lineup depth, I think we're competitive enough to beat out at least 4-5 teams in the league (hard to say who). Our forwards are going to be chippy and hard working, and our defense is actually very good. Goaltending will be the biggest question mark, but I will argue that with our improved defense, we should even see massive improvement there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
If we end up with 2 top 10 picks i'd be thrilled with 2 of Barkov, shinkaruk, mackinnon, jones, lazaar, monahan. Im leaning more torwards these guys who are putting up big numbers with no help on their team, shinkaruk and monahan. Jones really just solidified the winterhawks and made them into a true powerhouse.
Curtis Lazar reminds me a little bit of Patrice Bergeron, in that he does all of the little things very well, but can also chip in offense. If that's in a third line center role, it will be for the same reason as the Bruins using Bergeron in a third line role - the depth ahead of him. I'd be happy with that.

And as for Seth Jones, don't give him too much hype - the Winterhawks were WHL runners up the last two seasons. They are a very good team with some very good pieces, including four other very talented defensemen for him to play with (Rutkowski, Wotherspoon, Hanson, Pouliot).