View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
They are comparable, Crosby stunk, Orpik stunk. Crosby is supposed to be the best player in the world, he isn't supposed to make Claude Giroux look like the best player in the world,

My one and only point there was why doesn't Crosby get any critisism of his play while other players are tossed around as players to be traded because they stunk.

I happen to think they are both better than they showed in the playoffs and that is the point.

Orpik will be fine if he is put in a position where his skills are best suited.
No, Crosby didn't "stink". If that's what you believe, then it's pretty clear our views are too far apart to reconcile. You don't stink if you score 8 points in 6 games and win 55% of your face-offs. He was "good" when the standard is "best in the world".

And as I pointed out (and you conveniently ignored), not only did Crosby produce better than any NHLer in the regular season, but he also did it in spite of just coming back from a 1.5 year absence. Conversely, Orpik was inconsistent all last year, and had not just come back after a potentially career-ending concussion.

My criticism of Orpik involves his poor play in the playoffs last year, but isn't dependent solely on it. He hasn't been "2009 playoffs" Orpik for some time.

Last edited by Rowdy Roddy Peeper: 11-02-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote