View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Numbers

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=caley;55457545]It's a bit dodgy of a site, though it is based somewhat upon a Kevin Lowe interview.

From The Fourth Period.com

The interesting part is the part where Lowe comments on it, even though he doesn't really say anything, he does admit to interest
Quote:
You're going into a game with lots of trump cards," Lowe said, as transcribed by the Edmonton Journal, referring to the club's young stars. "That's the only way you can make deals is if you have assets that are attractive to other teams. When you have assets then you can make deals."

The article touches on the various players Edmonton has been rumored to have interest in the past summer (Yandle, Luongo, Bouwmeester) while also saying the Oilers refuse to part ways with Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov.

So, he basically says nothing about the "rumored wow factor deal", he also doesn't shoot it down.

I know a few posters suggested in the Luongo thread, something around Hemsky for Luongo, but I can't imagine either team making that big of a deal within their division.
Here is the link to the actual article, not Fourth Period just reporting on it. I posted in Luongo thread earlier.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-some-players/