View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Is that where you got the "apparently" Art Moore beat up Harvey Pulford claim of yours?
I found MANY sources for this, but I am pretty sure one as from this book. Can't remember them all off hand, but I think it was in the Trail, and I also found some newspaper articles.

One newspaper article talked about how Pulfurd took to the ice with bruises all ver his face, and the fans couldnd't beleieve somebody actually did beat him up!

Quote:
Pulford was a beast of a player, often cited in newspaper articles for his rough play, was a boxing champion in Canada and USA, also a rowing and football fullback for Ottawa in championship seasons.
Thanks for the Harvey Pulford lesson. If you wanted to see all those sources for his rough play, just consult the bio I made for him a few short months ago...

Quote:
The idea of little Art Moore beating up Pulford is laughable (just look at the bloody photos!), unless some sort of evidence is marshalled.
Little Art Moore, eh? Look at the pictures?

Here's the best quality picture, http://hockeygods.com/images/6880-Ot...ampions___1905

Both seated in the front row. Pulford 2nd from left, Moore far right. Which one is clearly bigger than the other?