View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 07:12 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Oil View Post
I don't care that Yakupov hasn't played a game in the NHL. There's no risk with a can't miss prospect. Who was the last 1st overall, star forward, who didn't turn out to be an NHL All-star. Yakupov broke Stamkos' goal scoring record in Sarnia, and has 8 goals and 10 ponits in 11 KHL games right now, as a teenager playing against men in arguably the best active pro league in the world right now. Dont give me the argument that he isn't worth anything because he hasn't played an NHL game. Neither has Nathan Mackinnon, but I bet you value that 1st overall pick pretty highly right now.

You're putting down and passing on Yak because all he is is potential right now. But so is Bogosian. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Bogo (I even have his jersey), but this was the first year in his 4 year career that he started to show what he could become. I think Yakupov and Bogosian are pretty close in value.

As for Sutter, I hope he turns into something one day, but right now he's got 3 points and is a -10 in 14 WHL games. Where are you getting a future Ryan Kesler from that? I like him, but his ceiling would probably be a 3rd line centre. Not exactly a deal breaker.
Extremely logical with well-thought-out points. What are you doing in this thread? You're supposed to be laughing at the other side's idiotic arguments while making the exact same arguments yourself.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote