View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
The Oilers resigned Dubi to a new 2 year contract, and with that kind of money, he will be the number 1 goalie this year, can't see lou going to the Oilers for that reason.

I also suspect it's a clear top 2 defense man with grit, or a number 2 center with size (which the Oilers are very weak in prospect depth) IF such a trade should happen. These are the biggest areas in the Oilers weakness, the Oilers D was just horrible last year and no one knows how Whitney will play after his injuries. Gags is just to small, and the Oilers really need some size in the top 6.

My guess for WOW factor is Subban, or O'Reilly

My surprise pick would be Krejci though. Boston is overloaded with centers, are right up close to the cap, and with Seguin resigned may need to shed salary real fast especially with a new CBA coming. This may depend on if he waves his NTC.

If not, and looking at Capgeek, then it could be Lucic, as he is the only high salaried player without a NTC or NMC in his contract. That would be a WOW there, but then, he also will be getting 6 million per year soon as well
Well Lucic is not moving. So forget that.

Krejci perhaps could be moved, but again it would have to include one of Hall, Yakupov or Eberle. Other than them, there isnt anything of value on the Oilers roster that would interest Boston.

However, a deal w/ Boston is very unlikely, as Seguin may or may not be ready yet to take over #1 center duties while competing for a Stanley Cup. Krejci is needed to anchor the top line UNTIL the team is certain Seguin is ready to take the reigns. For now, Boston has the luxury of waiting on Seguin, because Krejci Bergeron Kelly are playing their roles well. Seguin meanwhile is being tutored on defensive responsibilities by Bergeron (12' Selke winner)