View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Rask's career max games played at the NHL level is 45. That was two years ago. He's got a lot to prove before he can be compared to an NHL starter like Price.
"Compared" and "projected" are two different things. Rask has great numbers with a pretty large sample size. Its not his fault that Timmy was the best goalie in the NHL during the Cup run.

Saying Rask will be one of the best goalies in the league is a perfectly valid opinion, through the games hes played hes proven to be extremely talented. Citing examples like Andrew Raycroft is a way of disproving his theory...projecting that far is mostly an opinion of personal preference.

Like I said above, I think if you play enough games with a certain measure of success like Tuuka theres a threshold where you can logically form an opinion about a goalies projection. Saying Boston because "Malcom looks nasty" is misguided in my opinion, because SO many highly drafted goalies havent lived up to the hype. Tuuka has at least proven to be a very talented goalie with a good amount of games under his belt.

Right now i think Quick > Price > Rask, but if Price/Quick have "good" not "great" seasons and Rask kills it, Rask will certainly be #1 in my book, because he has a large enough sample size.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote