View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
So we have a great decision to come who are going to be the future of this team and it,s now all about the Centerman !! We have a great Goalie and a good D-Pack but who are the ones to make our foward face-off ?

Here are the Names :

Tomas Plekanec
Scott Gomez
David Desharnais
Lars Eller
Ryan White
Petteri Nokelainen

ROOKIES/FUTURES

1. Alex Galchenyuk CHL 8.5 C
2. Louis Leblanc Pro 7.0 B
3. Michael Bournival Pro 7.0 C
4. Joonas Nattinen Pro 7.0 D
5. Gabriel Dumont Pro 6.5 C
6. Brady Vail CHL 6.5 C
7. Daniel Pribyl Europe 6.5 C
8. Dustin Walsh NCAA 6.0 D
9. Michael Cichy NCAA 6.0 D

Who are the top 4 for this year and the next one ?
Warning: neg rant follows:

In 2 years:

Gally, not ready, but we're ****, so it will happen.
Pleks I guess, and his 17 goal crushing game.
Eller, maybe, though I doubt it.
Free agent

Our centers are terrible. Hello? 15th in the east. Guess why? One of the lowest goal scoring center line ups in the history of the Habs, if not the lowest.

Pleks is an awful no. 1, and barely a number 2 at this point. Inconsistent, weak, and can't score goals. Defense Yah de Dah. Who cares? I love losing 1-0, don't you?

Eller couldn't score on a barn door. Hands of stone. If Eller was a star, we'd know it by now. No faith whatever. Bad line mates, boo hoo. Then do it yourself.

DD does not score goals, and he's tiny. Bye. Sorry to piss off the fan boys. But there it is.

This board has to, at some point, stop wishing about the future, and realize how terrible we are now, and especially how bad our centers are.

And I've stopped hoping in our center prospects, totally. We have one good one, Gally.

The rest of the center prospects are awful. If you don't believe me, check out Carbo's junior numbers, and he was a great 3rd line center, no more:

1978-79 Chicoutimi Saguenéens QMJHL 72 62g 79a 141 p
1979–80 Chicoutimi Saguenéens QMJHL 72 72g 110a 182 p

No injuries.

That's the standard we should be looking for. High scoring times? Yes. But 182 ****ing points, I think that's more than just high scoring times. I think that's a center prospect to be excited about.

Leblanc. Please. Don't think so. Knock him down with a feather.
Bournival. I'm so excited. No wait, I'm not.
Nattinen. Right. Call me when he makes a difference in a game.

Our center depth is terrible.

Neg post? Yeah. It is. We are dire at center, we are absolutely terrible, now, and with prospects.

We need another top 3 center pick, bad. Like the Penguins needed it too. We will not trade for , or find a good center other than Gally in any other way, and the rest of our centers, and the prospect centers, are bottom NHL team level, no better.

You guys are gonna kill me for this post, but I've watched Habs since 1970, and bar Gally, who's 18 years old, I've never been less excited about our centers, now, and in the future.

It's ****ing dire boys.

Last edited by bsl: 11-02-2012 at 11:46 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote