Thread: Proposal: Chi-Edm
View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 11:33 AM
jonlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
If any Blackhawk fan suggested Toews was almost on par with Malkin or Crosby, then they were probably the only one. Nobody realistic thinks he's that good.

The trade above is pointless. What do the Hawks gain by giving up Toews, their #1 center - a position they are already weak at even with him? He's the best player in the deal, a big no-no for any team trying to win immediately as the Hawks are.

Value-wise it's fair enough, although I tend to value prospects and draft picks lower than some of the crazies on here. But it just doesn't do anything. Chicago loses their best player at their weakest position and gains a couple more wingers, one of whom has proven nothing in the NHL.
Just doesn't make sense.

I'm sure an Edmonton fan could explain the Oilers' side of things on that deal - I doubt they'll much like it either, since giving up those two guys isn't a particularly popular idea up there.
I said neither team would do that deal, cause they are bad trade-partners. The value is fair IMO. Edmonton, with a 1-2 center punch of Toews-RNH would be an upgrade! Edmonton could actually trade a few wingers for an elite c. Edmonton also need better D and forwards who can defend. Toews is as good as it gets.

Youre right about Chicago though. They actually need more centers as it is! Thats why Edmonton has to overpay and alot. Another trade could be:

Toews, Hjalmarsson,Montador for Eberle, Hemsky, Hartikainen and 1st, 2nd(2013)

Hartikainen is a very promising prospect, the picks are for a deep draft!

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote