View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Skating Tripods

vCash: 500
Nice comeback win. A little surprised that Chynoweth went back to Aittokallio after Pickard's win on Saturday night. His goaltending rotation has, to say the least, perplexed me. I know Aitto missed a couple games following a puck to the face in warmups a couple weeks back, but it's been a little confusing. Hard for one of these guys to get into a rhythm right now. Of course, the AHL schedule makes that hard anyway.

To whoever mentioned three games in three days, they do it all the time. There are weekends where they'll play at home Friday and Sunday and have to go to Toronto, Grand Rapids, or Hamilton on Saturday. Sometimes, they'll play 7p Fri, 1p Sat, and then an afternoon road game on Sunday. Thanksgiving weekend, they play b2b at home Fri/Sat and then go to Hamilton on Sunday and play at 4 or 5p.

It's two-fold, really. To save on travel costs as much as possible and to utilize weekend home dates. Of course, I know this three-in-three is Thurs, Fri, Sat. It's part of the reason why they truncated the schedule to 76 games. Even with 76 games, I believe the Monsters last game is April 20 or something.