View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I literally have NO idea what you are talking about...it's set in Italy during the renaissance, it has nothing to do with America? And Ubisoft in Montreal put out both games, they did not get bought out, they did not get picked up, in fact the first AC was a HUGE release with years of hype, if anything that was the bigger release.

I mean I could see if you were complaining about AC3 which is set in America during the Revolution, but even then it's just the setting for the game, same as Renaissance Italy and Middle Age Middle East before that, not sure what is propagandaish about it at all. The second game naturally picks up the storyline from the first, it is one of the absolute best in the gaming world, then continues it on to Brotherhood and Revelations to arrive where we are now in AC3. There has been absolutely nothing to do with America until AC3. Can you explain where you thought the story line had anything to do America?

Halo evolved just as much as other games did. Gears of War is easily my favourite first person shooter ever, (Halo is 2nd) but it evolved from 1-3 about as much as Halo did. You can't expect a series to go away from what makes it what it is, that would just alienate the current fanbase.

Dragon Age was solid. Played Origins for a while, but just ran out of time never completed it. Will go back to it someday when I have time

Skyrim was awesome as well, but I just never seemed to have time to finish that game. Plus is felt like Fallout so much. If I could do nothing with my life I would lock myself in a room with all these games and play, I think I'd be content enough

I think it was the whole weird "modern western guy doing weird science to relive his ancient historic ancesters life as an assassin" and the weird co-vert government ****. Am I thinking of the right game? I just really thought the game would have been better if you were just an assassin, not a modern dude dreaming about being an assassin or w/e that was.

I'm completely aware of AC's history and the fanfare the original and follow up were released to. The other stuff was a reference to what happens to alot of games, i did not mean to imply that's what happened to AC.

I know AC was big and wasn't picked up or bought out or anything, i just meant the Story/style of the game, to me, FELT like one of those games, where the original intention/story had been altered to appeal to a broader market.

Am i even thinking of the right game? you have me second guessing myself....

and i concur that if i didn't currently have a girlfriend, i would probably never get one as i'd be far too busy playing games